Mobile Application Product Manager (closed)
Overview: Our client is looking for a product management professional to help create world-class applications for wireless and broadband carriers worldwide.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define unique and compelling consumer and small business calling and messaging applications for deployment within mobile and convergent carriers.
- Perform market research on concept products to evaluate viability of market with respect to TAM, product SWOT, competition, pricing, and potential partnerships
- Gather and define requirements reflecting the marketplace, customers, sales team, competitors, and leading edge technologies.
- Determine product packaging and market based pricing, and business cases.
- Partner with development to define and manage the software release cycle.
- Develop competitive information for uses such as sales, product definition and market strategy.
- Create source material for collateral such as white papers, brochures, and web content.
- Support patent applications.
- Execute product launch for new solutions.
- Support sales team on opportunities.
- Proven track record of creating new products with leading edge entrepreneurial companies.
- 5 years overall product management experience, with 2 years of recent and relevant experience (marketing, product management) at a mobile solution provider or in a role selling/marketing in the mobile space
- Strong grasp of wireless industry trends. Working knowledge of relevant technologies and standards, including IMS and RCS.
- Ability to support sales team with strong presentation skills.
- Ability to partner with sales and development teams to create specific product requirements.
- Strategic thinker with ability to analyze facts and conceptualize competitive responses.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in an early stage, constantly evolving, team environment.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills and organizational skills
- Must be able to partner with customers, and with R&D, marketing, and other organizations within the company
- Must be self-motivated, organized and be able to excel in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required. MBA preferred.
- Moderate travel required (20%).