Pipeline Engineer (closed)
Are you a natural leader and problem solver? Then bring your technical expertise to our rapidly growing E&C client. A growing company with multiple offices in California, their leadership team consists of former utility executives experienced in engineering, construction, operation and maintenance of natural gas pipeline and electric transmission & distribution systems. Their primary focus is to become a leading provider of engineering, construction, operation, maintenance, and strategic consulting services to both natural gas and electric utilities. Understanding that there is not a "one size fits all" application for management or operational needs in these challenging industries, they aim to help achieve client objectives by customizing their engineering servicesto support each projects unique project needs.
Under supervision and with latitude for independent action or decision, the Senior Pipeline Engineer will perform engineering work on a professional level in design of engineering jobs, projects, or parts thereof. You will take ownership to ensure quality and compliance with all relevant codes and standards. In addition, you may be required to perform activities such as cost estimating, field measurements; preparation and correction of field drawings, ordering and receiving material; initiation of right-of-way acquisition, licenses, and permits; preparing operating and maintenance instructions, inspection and performance of other related duties.
- Prepare designs, calculations, drawings, layouts, and studies from field inspections, preliminary sketches, specifications, and instructions requiring knowledge of engineering practices and shop and field procedures.
- Review design and documentation to ensure compliance with design criteria and standards.
- Gas system network and gas operational planning.
- Construction Specification and Bid Package Preparation.
- Pipeline Design and Material Selection.
- Engineers with any previous Project Management experience will be given top consideration.
- Alternative/Feasibility Studies.
- Maintain excellent project communication with proven tools and processes.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering – Professional Registration Required.
- Successful candidates will have at least five years of on-the-job experience in both pipeline operations and pipeline design.
- A minimum of two years of this experience must be in a decision-making position.
Specific Skills and Abilities:
- Project Management Principals and Application (Cost, Scope and Schedule).
- Proficiency in the area of pipeline open cut and trenchless design.
- CEQA, CEC and Agency Permit processes for pipeline installations a plus.
- Technical Report Writing.
- Previous experience in the natural gas utility business would be a strong plus.
- Ability to travel (25% travel time is expected).
Compensation will consist of base salary; bonus incentives; retirement package (401k and profit sharing); comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits; life insurance; vacation; sick pay and paid holidays.
Since 1995, PathFinder Staffing has been a leader in oil and gas recruiting industry. Visit our web site at www.PathFinderStaffing.com for more careers in the Oil and Gas Industry or call us at 888-253-8323 to talk to a Recruiter today.