Senior IT Project Manager (closed)
Job Title: Senior IT Project Manager
Immediate Supervisor: Program Operations Director
This primary responsibility of the position is to manage and successfully implement major projects within IT (ERP implementations, Base Design, etc.).
- Engage with business management team and BPCoE to drive the initial definition and planning stage for key projects; including assisting with scoping the projects, identifying the required resources and developing the business case
- Review all Authorization Requests (AR’s) for accuracy, reasonableness, completeness, and standards compliance
- Develop and manage detailed project plans.
- Identify project resource requirements.
- Monitor and control project schedule, scope, quality and cost
- Conduct business process and fit/gap analysis.
- Participate/lead in the design of the target solution.
- Manage all of the communications with the business and BPCoE’s during the project
- Manage project team and deliver on project objectives to business and BPCoE satisfaction
- Identify critical issues and escalate to Program Operations, BPCoE and Business sponsor
- Conducts structured walk-throughs (stage gate reviews for IT PLC) at key project milestones
- Manage the entire engagement stages of the project.
- Ensure Emerson and Network Power standards compliance
- Ensure required project deliverables are published to Emerson IT Communicator Portal
- Identify leverage opportunities based on experience gained from other projects
- Develop implementation standards and best practices
- Implement tools as required to support overall program management operation
- Set ‘best practice’ project methodologies and review project designs, adherence to standards
- Facilitate communication among multiple projects/implementations
- Linkage with Emerson Program Management Office
- Creates awareness of activities and progress through regular status reports to management
- Engage external resources (IT consultants) and provide understanding of the Emerson Network Power Systems North America operating model, the Oracle rollout plan, organizational structure and processes, as well as the business unit structures. Assist in making these resources most productive by this engagement.
- Strives to meet IT service levels through appropriate and timely action on IT Project Life Cycle process initiation, requirements collection, help desk case resolution, post-test remediation and post-change education of end users
- Strives to meet project progression and status reporting through appropriate and timely action on project tasks and project portfolio updates
Reports to the Program Operations Director
- Works with the IT teams within ENP NA
- Works closely with ENP NA IT Development and Business Leads.
- Works closely with PMO for all projects.
- Also Works with key partners and outside consultants
- Works closely with ENP BPCoE
- Works closely with ENPS Instance Manager and the instance team
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Keen working knowledge of project management technologies, tools and solutions
- Ability to work in a large, global corporate structure
- Excel at leading technical teams utilizing planning, motivation, and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self-starter who can initiate action and follow through with well defined solutions and action plans
- Team oriented individual
- Exceptional interpersonal skills. Must be highly effective leading people, facilitating rapid change in a consistent and structure manner.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Highly effective conducting and leading project meetings and driving consensus across the project team.
- Strong project management skills
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally to support global implementations.
- Strong in Excel and data analytical skills
- Strong in MS Office software
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or equivalent experience in IT.
- 8-10 years of experience in IT
- PMI Certified or equivalent experience with a global company
- Must have 4 to 7 years experience as a project management position
On time delivery of key projects for the business would be the primary outcome. Timely, accurate communications within IT group, the business and Emerson corporate on project status and any change key management demands.