Software Application Packagers (closed)
Job Location: Washington, DC (JO#1644)
Must be US citizen or Green Card holder.
Responsibilities include defining application standards, engineering and securing the standard desktop platform, architecture and design of a Software Distribution infrastructure, product and Install Development lifecycle management on Win 7 platform. Will assist in establishing technology based policies and procedures for applications and provide quality application support. Will Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business
requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Implement best practices for software deployment, configuration and maintenance of patches, upgrades and other releases.
- Participate in the package designs, sequencing, implements prototypes and gatekeeper functions for application publishing and delivery.
- Creates knowledgebase content for known issues and document application release work flows.
- Capable of performing basic application interoperability and functionality testing.
- Bachelors Degree and 9+ years experience in a client engineering environment.
- 4 years of experience in Admin Studio/InstallShield, Wise and/or MS tools to create customized Windows Installer (MSI) packages.
- Experience using VM for troubleshooting and testing of packages.
- Experienced developing application testing plans and supporting documentation.
- Experience developing software packages customized for AppV, Terminal Services or Citrix deployments. (Preferred)
- Experience managing Operating system / Application / Patch deployment using MS SCCM, SMS, Symantec Altiris & LanDesk. (Preferred)
- Ability to create, customize and automate package using standard Windows Installer format using various software packaging and deployment tools and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and experience deploying software especially Office 2010 to a Windows 7 platform using enterprise distribution utilities.
- Strong ability to address DLL Conflicts, Windows Registry Environment Variables, and Batch Files.
- Solid knowledge of Client Operating System primarily Windows XP, Vista and 7.
- Advanced knowledge with VB Scripting, PowerShell, Winbatch and Windows Scripting Host for use in wrapping application and creating custom actions.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows XP registries.
- Strong understanding of Windows 7 security and UAC interaction with certification, discovery, packaging, and QA applications for Windows 7
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory domain group policies. (Preferred)
If these opportunities are of interest please send a Word copy of your resume to: arshia@People-Com.net