Software Quality Engineer - API (closed)
Software Quality Engineer
Virtual Instruments, a fast-growing leader in virtual infrastructure optimization solutions for the Global 2000, is looking for talented, highly motivated individuals to join the Virtual Instruments Quality Assurance team.
This position is for Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer working on API test development for the world-class Virtual Wisdom product line. The candidate will work closely with other API test developers as well as the VI Engineering team in writing/executing tests that verify the functionally of both the client/server software suite as well as the integration with the hardware and software probes.
Required Skills and Experience
· Bachelor's or Master's degree is CS or related field with at least 5 years of industry experience.
· Experience in creating and maintaining testing frameworks; experience with TestNG a plus
· Strong understanding of the development lifecycle including consuming requirements and translating in to test plans/cases
· Strong ability to debug in complex development environment
· Good understanding of storage-related technologies such as Fibre Channel, FCoE, iSCSI, and NAS.
· Strong understanding of the internals of the operating system, especially Linux
· Strong understanding of structured XML and/or JSON a plus
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills