Grounding Electrical Engineer – Oil/Gas (closed)
Calgary, AB Canada
Grounding Electrical Engineer – Oil/Gas
***This position is located in Both Edmonton & Calgary and is Either Full Time Perm or Contract***
- Perform grounding system analysis on high voltage substations according to client standards or relevant IEEE standards. Provide mitigation solutions as required.
- Perform pipeline / utility right of way analysis according to client standards or relevant industry standards. Provide mitigation solutions as required.
- Assist substation designers on equipment grounding applications and material lists in order to meet specific project requirements.
- Provide technical direction and mentorship to junior engineers and designers.
- Liaise with Project Managers and Clients to resolve technical and project issues.
- Review and check grounding system drawings to ensure designs meet technical needs of the client and adhere to industry standards for reliability and safety.
- Professionally authenticate/stamp drawings as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering – Canadian or Equ.
- 2-5 years of direct related experience; high voltage utility grounding and utility/pipeline right of way analysis experience is required.
- P. Eng – or in Process.
- Previous experience with Microstation or AutoCAD would be an asset
- Proficient with using Safe Engineering Services CDEGS grounding analysis software for high voltage substation, and utility/pipeline right of way.
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and ability to resolve technical issues.
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.