Tier 3 Support Engineer (closed)
The Tier 3 support Engineer is an integral part of the Flash Networks Support Organization. He is responsible for the deployment of current and future products at customer sites. He is also responsible for the on-site and remote support of issues raised by customers. The Tier 3 support Engineer is a results driven person capable of working independently and within a team to resolve time critical deployment and production issues.
- Highly Knowledgeable in TCP/IP networking preferably at an Expert level
- Highly experienced in troubleshooting network issues using a Sniffer
- Familiar with the common Internet protocols at the packet and flow analysis level, such as : HTTP, FTP, RTSP, SSH, PKI.
- Familiar in mobile network technologies including L3-7 switching and load balancing, redundancy (A/P, A/A) and high performance systems
- Proficient in UNIX/Linux System Administration, a must
- Knowledgeable in customer support processes, tooling and troubleshooting.
- Knowledge of common open source software
- Knowledge of application servers, Weblogic/Jboss - advantage
- Knowledge of Oracle and/or MySQL administration - advantage
- Knowledge of IBM blade center technology and F5 load balancers is an advantage
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Contributes significantly to customer satisfaction
- Interfaces with the customer and project manager to complete assigned tasks
- Responsible for opening lines of communication, monitors customer problems, and ensures effective resolution
- Communicate effectively with customers and peers
- Produce high quality written documents, status reports and customer communications
- Identify appropriate internal and/or external resources to solve problems
- Contribute to regular internal and customer meetings
- Effectively escalate through appropriate channels – “knows how to make things happen”
- Education: 4 year technical degree, Computer Science preferred
- Relevant Experience: 5+ years
- Management Skills: N/A
- Wireless telecom experience -advantages
- International work experience and cultural awareness- advantage.
- Travel requirement is at about 20-30%
- Provide “on-call” service periodically