Assistant Chef Manager (closed)
Position: Assistant Chef Manager
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Overview: We are currently seeking a Chef Manager for our Moose Jaw Sports Arena, located in Moose Jaw, SK. The successful candidate will report to the General Manager and supervise 5+ non-unionized associates. This position has a day shift working hours during the week. Occasionally, you are required to work late evenings and weekends to provide food services for special school functions and events.
- As an Assistant Chef Manager you will be responsible for managing the day to day food operations at the respective facility, as required.
- You will handle all phases of food preparation, menu planning and development, operation planning and expenditures, sales revenue generation, costing and maintaining proper inventory levels.
- You will handle unit employee training, staff scheduling, associate supervising, as well as addressing and resolving employee relation issues.
- The position will ensure the unit has strict compliance of the Compass Quality Assurance and Health and Safety Program, Occupational Health and Safety Act and WHMIS regulations.
- You will ensure Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) standards are followed in the food preparation process.
Required Qualifications (please only apply if you meet all required qualifications):
- Post secondary education plus a minimum of 5+ years related management/supervision experience in a fast paced food service environment
- Red Seal Chef designation an asset
- Comprehensive knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls and presentation
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Must have large volume sales revenue exposure
- Good client relationship skills
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and readily acceptable to change work priorities at any time
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)/ On-line reporting and menu planning will be required.
- Hands on management style/ take initiative to resolve day to day problems
- Knowledge of sustainable food products and organics an asset
- Must have a valid driver’s license as well as access to a vehicle
- Must have the ability to teach, lead, and inspire while promoting a positive work environment
Thank you for your interest in a career with The Compass Group! Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We will consider your resume for additional opportunities.
Compass Group Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and representative workforce and an inclusive work environment where all employees are treated fairly.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY BY VISITING OUR WEBSITE AT: