Application Developer (closed)
The role of Application Developer is to develop, support and maintain various software applications and related databases to support the company’s services and operations. Applications may include but not limited to shopping cart websites, inventory website, and Windows services and executables for data processing automation. Developers work independently or as part of a small team to develop new systems or enhance existing ones. Direction is provided by technical architects or project managers to complete functionality assigned for development.
Contribute to design document details for architecture, functionality and time estimates
Create and maintain database content (tables, views, stored procedures, functions, DTS/SSIS packages)
Produce coding which meets functional specifications accurately and with an appropriate level of robustness to handle errors and unexpected content. Code will be self-documented, clearly organized, structured and reusable.
Interface with QA to resolve bugs and provide corrective actions
Capable to dimension and resolve issues with a complexity rating of simple to mid-level
Communicate with project management about status of work and any issues with work in progress
Recording log of time spent and details related to tasks, bugs, fixes assigned
Adhere to all policies and procedures related to security and protecting privacy of client and company information
- Substantial experience in software development with Microsoft .NET and SQL Server technologies
- Experience with object oriented programming is a plus
- Exposure to software development life cycle
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical specifications
- 4-yr college degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience is required