Web Developer (closed)
First Databank (FDB), a subsidiary of Hearst Corporation, provides drug knowledge that helps healthcare professionals make precise medication-related decisions. We offer more than three decades of experience in transforming drug knowledge into actionable, targeted, and effective solutions that improve patient safety and healthcare outcomes.
- Primarily a web development position. Plus if candidate has database development experience in Oracle or any relational database system. Also a plus if business analysis experience.
- Software design and development.
- Diagnoses and isolates complex application software problems; formulates and implements effective solutions considering system capacity, limitations, time requirements, and desired results in order to resolve system problems and prevent reoccurrence.
- Estimates amount of work effort required to complete tasks.
- Works closely with team members to understand IT business requirements that drive the analysis and design of technical solutions that are in compliance with architectural blueprints and business strategies.
- Experience with and knowledge of software development life cycles and the activities that occur within lifecycles.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides mentoring and leadership.
Web and Application Designer/Developer
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of highly complex application software, and tier II support.
- Codes, defines criteria and performs testing, debugging and documents and maintains programs.
- Understands and utilizes the methodologies, policies and procedures to support the use of inheriting objects and modifying base components to maximize development time and consistency.
- Lead application design sessions, guiding the development team through translating requirements into solid object design and applying best practices and design patterns.
- Design, code, test, and implement .NET solutions using WPF, WCF, and ASP.NET.
- Analyze requirements, write design documents, write automated unit tests and test plans.
- Assist in establishing a framework to support future development initiatives.
- Adhere to company standards for technical design, development, load/stress testing, and documentation.
- Effectively communicate application designs orally and in written format with end users, management, and developers.
- Maintain and develop technical skills to keep current in systems design and analysis techniques.
- Direct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Mentor existing staff on state-of-the-art development methods.
- Knowledge of Architectural Design Patterns.
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Concepts: Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), Cloud Computing.
- Accountable for implementing highly complex logical database designs, logical data models and relational data definitions in support of corporate and customer information systems requirements.
- Identifies data sources, constructs data decomposition diagrams, provides data flow diagrams and documents the process.
- Writes code for database access, modifications, and constructions including stored procedures.
- Understands the methodologies and technologies that depict the flow of data within and between technology systems and business functions / operations.
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of information flow, content issues and the transformation of business requirements into logical data models and stored procedures.
- Partners with the business community and department and acts as a liaison between the two.
- Highly skilled at quickly understanding the business unit(s) they support and quickly gaining an understanding of the department’s systems and capabilities.
- Experience with two or more methods of requirements elicitation.
- Experience with use cases to document customer requirements.
- Translates customer’s high level requirements into functional specifications for the department and manages changes to such specifications.
- Assists in business process design and redesign and documents the associated functional specification.
- Coordinates with Quality Management to identify test cases and to ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported and resolved in a timely manner.
- May help to manage resources in accordance with project schedules and corporate priorities.
- Educates the department on the direction of the business.
- Coordinates with Project Management Office on project deadlines and schedules.
- Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and the department from initial requirements to final implementation.
- Brings an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to its customers that will enhance the businesses competitive edge.
- Exhibits confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
Microsoft Visual Studio (VB, C#, ASP.Net, TFS)
Web application technologies;
Web-based communication protocols;
SOAP, HTTP, TCP/IP
Web-based security technology; AES, SSL, TLS
Oracle Forms / Reports
Windows 7, XP, 2000
BA in CS, IS or other related field. Or, equivalent work experience
Recommended Work Experience
Ten+ years of IT work experience; eight+ years professional experience focused on development of multi-tiered (Client, Web, Business, and Enterprise) Web applications; five+ years of industry related experience strongly desired.
MCSD on .Net or MCAD or Visual Basic .NET Programming Certificate Preferred
Oracle9i PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate (OCA) or Oracle9i PL/SQL Developer Certified Professional (OCP) or equivalent Oracle PL/SQL developer certification Preferred
First Databank is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support and promote Affirmative Action and encourage women and minorities, as well as, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply for positions in this exciting industry.
Visit First Databank online at www.firstdatabank.com to view current job openings or to apply on line.
We offer excellent benefits and competitive salary.
- No Visa sponsorship offered
- No relocation offered
You can apply online.
Or mail us your resume, along with a cover letter, salary requirement and the job code to:
First Databank, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources (FDBSF106)
500 E. 96th St., Ste. 500
Indianapolis, IN 46240