User Experience Designer (closed)
The Creative Group is looking for a User Experience Designer. Must have prior application experience as this position will be about making people productive in a real-time workplace. You must have at least 3 years of experience as a graphic designer, visual designer, interactive designer or similar role with interactive/ad agencies, design studios, or Internet companies. This role involves digital production only (no physical media production). The environment is fast-paced and the standards very high.
- Working in conjunction with User Experience Designers and Product Managers, you'll be crafting the look and feel of web-based financial products and services, including demonstration software
- You'll be conceiving, designing and producing a wide variety of graphic assets from icons to full-scale mockups
- You'll be leading a stylistic expansion of existing product sets and establishing a foundation for future ones
- BA/BS in Graphic Design or related field preferred.
- At least 3 years of experience designing successful web-based products for enterprise/financial applications/webapps.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS and expertise in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to prototype in Flash or Expression Blend a plus
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage work load and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
- Must be an effective problem solver, appreciating the characteristics of the user population
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate with multi-disciplinary teams
- Prior experience producing successful icon sets for applications; must comprehend designing for confined spaces
- Exceptional design skills including illustration, layout, typography, and optimized image production for the Web
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at one time to make aggressive deadlines
- Track record of demonstrating control, ownership from concept to completion
- Knowledge of information architecture and user experience design strongly desired
- Digital portfolio required
- Solid written/verbal communication and collaborative skills
- Fluent in English