Financial Systems Analyst (closed)
- Provide hands on day to day support of all financial applications.
- Recognize and document business process gaps and propose improvements.
- Support the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle. Assess impact of new releases of software on current procedures. Test and implement new releases or patches. Manage the upgrade process in accordance with project methodologies.
- Lead user groups to provide training, resolve questions, assess user needs, recommend and implement changes.
- Develop specifications for system changes and coordinates the systems development life cycle.
- Responsible for analysis, design, testing, system documentation and user training.
- Manage business related process issues as they relate to supported applications.
- Maintain and manage data in a timely manner. Set-up, configure and maintain static data.
- Investigate data discrepancies. Detect and resolve application errors.
- Develop and train business users on existing and new functionality.
- Define and document business reporting requirements. Design and develop business reports.
- Provide user support pertaining to financial systems and pro-actively resolve user requirements.
- Bachelor?s degree in Accounting or Finance and/or Information Technology strongly preferred. Will consider relevant experience supporting financial systems applications in lieu of degree.
- 3-6 years of specific business experience required.
- Advanced skills with data analysis and problem solving.
- Advanced skills and knowledge of technical documentation.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the role of the system in the big picture and to provide ideas and recommendations regarding the evolution of operations systems.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Treasury, FPA, Inventory, Hedge accounting, Tax and General Accounting.
- Very good understanding of ERP applications.
- Ability to analyze the data and data structures.
- Ability to work with finance and accounting users and help resolve system /process issues as they occur.
- Strong knowledge in MS office tools specifically Excel, access and MS projects.
- Good understanding of databases specifically SQL*Server.
- Good understanding of interfaces, integrations and process flows.
- Prefer candidates with following system exposures (One or more).
- J.D.Edwards V8.12 or greater.
- Taxstream/Power tax