This position is responsible for tools development, system analysis, report writing and documentation for our client’s Telephony voice engineering and operations department. General activities will involve creation of tools, reporting, and documentation in order to create departmental efficiencies and provide analysis of engineering and operational projects and processes.
Additional duties required are:
• Working in conjunction with Network Operations, Switch Operations/Translations/ Traffic Engineering, Management, Marketing and vendors/carriers to develop details and requirements for Telephony infrastructure expansion and reconfiguration.
• Creation and analysis of reporting of switch logs, inventory, statistics, and other data sets to assist in immediate and long term improvements in network architecture, capacity, design, and process.
• Development of tools and applications to interact with existing departmental systems and create efficiencies in day to day work activity of voice engineering and operations team.
• Conducting ad hoc research and analysis of switch and customer data sets to assist in departmental process development and project implementation.
• Creation and automation of reporting for voice team.
• Creation, development, and administration of departmental documentation and information sites (SharePoint, Wiki etc)
• Prioritizing multiple reporting requests and data research with minimal supervision.
• Qualified candidates should have a Bachelors degree (BA, BS) preferably in Telecommunications/Network/Computer Science or a related field. Candidates with previous equivalent training and work experience will be considered.
• Minimum of five years experience in an analytical, development, or programming role.
• Extensive applications background with scripting and developmental experience.
• Extensive knowledge and experience working with a variety of database, spreadsheet, and ad hoc reporting tools, leveraging SQL or other query languages.
• Solid understanding of and experience in a telecommunications service provider environment including Soft switch, PSTN, SIP architectures and telephony feature sets.
• Knowledge of Python, CORBA, JSON programming languages preferred or other similar programming language experience at a minimum.
• Strong communications skills, both verbal and written. Ability to communicate effectively with various technical operations and management groups.