Quality Assurance Manager (closed)
- Build environments and processes where you know how well tested the code is?
- Think about ways that improve the quality of code you get delivered?
- Think that regressions are missed opportunities for tests?
- Believe that process as well as knowledge is required to deliver bug-free software?
- Know how to build a superb testing team that can handle a broad array of tests?
- Lead reviews on bugs that got to production?
- Improve QA of the entire team by understanding just what needs to be tested and how thoroughly.
- Java: API's, we've got SOAP, we have rest; core application, messaging, spring, searching, indexing.
- Groovy: Facebook, linked-in, consumer-based viral site.
- Python: Django, social media.
- New technologies: interested in map-reduce? Cloud services? Hear of something new last week, we want to know!
- Know that QA environments need to represent production to get great tests.
- Select tools and methodologies to improve the QA process:
- Tracking tools
- Automation tools
- Collaboration tools
- Measure and report on quality metrics for the code, code testing, and risk.
- Select and measure metrics to determine the QA effectiveness:
- Code coverage
- Smoke tests