Solar Sales - Sacramento
Here’s a look at the responsibilities for this position:
• Present and sell company products and services to current and potential clients.
• Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
• Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
• Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
• Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
• Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
• Identify and resolve client concerns.
• Prepare a variety of status reports, including activity, closings, follow-up, and adherence to goals.
• Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
• Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events.
• Provide on-the-job training to new sales employees.
• Quote follow-up
• Up-selling and suggesting alternatives
Here’s a look at the requirements for this position:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Excellent communication, written and telephone skills supported by strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team structure.
• Knowledge of advertising and sales promotion techniques
• Technical background a plus (e.g. technical photovoltaic knowledge, technical sales, civil / mechanical engineer)
• Knowledgable in technical sales or have the desire to learn technical sales
• Ability to travel locally to current and potential clients
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to interact with customers in a professional manner
• Skilled in problem solving and process development
• Proficient in MS Office
Minimum Educational Level:
• B.S./B.A. preferred
• 2-3 years of sales or insides sales experience
• Solar industry experience a strong plus