Senior Insight Analyst – Shopper Research (closed)
Senior Insight Analyst – Shopper Research
Salary: £45,000 - £52,000 base + fantastic benefits + bonus
This is a great senior role for an experienced Insight Analyst who’s got genuine interest to find clues & patterns as to what customers are buying & why. Turning these insights into something actionable is what makes a dramatic difference to any business. The company works with the prestigious list of big accounts, including well known & loved brands in FMCG & Retail.
The role will allow you to combine your sophisticated data analysis techniques with a deep understanding of business objectives, to offer your clients the most powerful customer insights available in the marketplace.
You will join the Insight team whose remit is to provide measureable value for their clients by developing actionable insights from shopper and attitudinal data. The team help clients better understand their shoppers and their interaction with brands, competitors, promotions, communications etc. in order to grow shopper loyalty and ultimately brand value.
Academically, you should have a good degree and, perhaps a master in a statistical discipline. This should be matched by your experience in retail data interpretation, using SAS or SPSS, and your ability to explain the benefits this analysis can bring.
In terms of personal skills, you need to be eloquent and persuasive: able to build a rapport within teams and at the most senior levels.
• Good knowledge of SAS or other programming based analytic software such as SPSS (not point-and-click)
• Numeric degree or equivalent e.g. Stats, Maths, Physics, Economics etc
• Master qualification in stats or similar
• Knowledge of advanced SAS techniques such as macros
• Knowledge of advanced Excel such as VBA programming
• Interest in marketing
• Interest in human behaviour
• Experience in data interpretation
• Experience in using SAS or SPSS
• Able to communicate with clients and colleagues about how their insights can be used
• Previous experience in building statistical models will be ideal but not essential (logistic regression, clustering etc)
• Experience of presenting analytic findings to a non-analytic audience will be highly desirable
• Relevant industry sector knowledge
• Experience of market research design and interpretation of findings
Please send your CV to Joanna Byerley for an immediate chat.