Senior Project Manager Opportunity (closed)
Senior Project Manager Opportunity
Location: Houston, Texas
Duration: LONG TERM CONTRACT
• Managed large complex projects
• Ability to manage infrastructure projects
• Has managed a project budget over 2 million dollars in the past
• Has an understanding of application testing
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Manages the execution of projects within the constraints of budget, schedule and scope while minimizing risk and ensuring adherence to established processes and methodologies.
SPECIFIC DUTIES, ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates working knowledge of project management PMBOK methodology and SDLC and basic knowledge of program management
• Manages large projects with high complexity
• Responsible for all aspects of cost management, including estimating, funding, budgeting, forecasting, controlling and reporting.
• Manage invoices, purchase orders and contracts statements of work.
• Establishes and executes a project communication plan, meeting facilitation; presentation and delivery
• Demonstrated success in team leadership, stakeholder management, process adherence, ownership/ commitment, learning agility and risk management capabilities
• Works with product/project owner to ensure scope is explicitly defined and documented and maintains integrity of scope
• Proactively improves the project timeline through schedule management and progress tracking of schedule and budget
• Ensures project is delivered within approved budget, schedule, contingency and meets quality standards
• Canvasses team to identify all project risk, develops mitigation strategies/plans and works to have strategies in place should they be needed
• Negotiates conflict resolution when needed between team members or product owners
• Utilizes motivation techniques to ensure project team reaches goals and milestones
• Negotiates with product owner to obtain key resources or materials
Education or Equivalent: BS in computer or related field.
Qualifications / Skills Requirements:
• Proven experience with MS Project
• Recent experience in managing large projects with high complexity
• Proven experience managing medium to large project teams consisting of both offshore / off site resources
• Previous experience managing / controlling project budgets greater than $5M.
• Strong stakeholder management skills with proven ability to work with C-Level project sponsors
• Minimum 10 + years experience required
• Strong analytical, leadership, problem solving, organizational, and planning skills
• Strong communications skills both oral and written
• Proficient PC Skills; including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products
Senior Technical Recruiter
Sophisticated Systems, Inc. (An ESOP Company )
2191 Citygate Drive Columbus, Ohio 43219