PYTHON Developer [Video] (closed)
We are seeking a Python Developer. In this role, you will be a critical team member responsible for significant aspects of the new product features our product line. This position will have a direct and material impact on the growth of the company and in launching our new products.
- Develop new functional components and systems using a variety of technologies including Python, MySQL, Django, and EC2
- Perform requirements analysis, coding, and building unit tests / test tools
- Work with a small team of motivated engineers to build the next generation Internet television platform
- Other responsibilities as required and as business needs demand
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/MS degree in computer science, software engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years of professional experience building web apps and/or web backends, ideally using Python and Django, or related technologies, such as Ruby/Rails, PHP, Perl, C#
- Strong SQL background; MySQL preferred.
- Experience in parsing and generating datafeeds in XML, and JSON.
- Strong background in web application development and architecture.
- Solid Linux skills for product deployment, management, and administration.
- Experience with Appengine, EC2, S3 as well as non relational storage is a plus.
- Agile development background is a plus.
- Excellent communications, organizational and time management skills
- Self-managed and motivated with ability to work independently as well as in a small team environment with all levels of management and staff.