Senior Mechanical Engineer
Kiva Systems, Inc. is a rapidly growing Boston area robotics company that is revolutionizing supply chain operations. The Kiva Mobile Fulfillment System uses hundreds of mobile robots to automate distribution centers, dramatically increasing both productivity and flexibility. Our customers are national retailers, large catalog operators, e-commerce and other companies that ship direct to consumers, businesses and retail stores. Please see www.kivasystems.com for more information about us.
Kiva is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to work on complex electro-mechanical system designs for our mobile robots. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience designing and analyzing complex, dynamic, electro-mechanical systems, must enjoy problem solving and have strong communication skills. This candidate must have the ability to work well both independently and in team settings. Further, this candidate should be familiar with the startup environment and the associated hours, deadlines and high energy culture that go with launching innovative new products. This position reports directly to the Manager of Hardware Engineering (Mobile Robotics Group)
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
- Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including
design, prototyping, validation, testing and certification
- Working with Manufacturing, Quality and outside vendors to ensure a smooth transition to production
- Writing and developing functional specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
The ideal candidate must have the following qualifications:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, MS preferred
- 5+ years of experience in the design of complex electro-mechanical products and equipment
- Experience in a broad range of manufacturing technologies such as plastic injection molding, thermo-forming,
aluminum die casting, sheet metal, machining, welding etc.
-Thorough understanding and use of technical principals, theories and concepts in mechanical engineering
- Strong 3D CAD modeling skills: Preferably with Solid Works
- Experience with Finite Element Analysis and associated software applications such as Solid Works Simulation,
COSMOS, ANSYS, Pro-E Mechanica, etc.
- Must have a very strong mechanical aptitude and interest/experience in electro-mechanical disciplines
- Must have a strong hands on experience machining, welding, wiring, electro-mech assembly, etc.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
- Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced startup environment
Please send qualified resumes to email@example.com and put your name and the job title on the subject line.