Interpret customer specifications and drawings, quotations and other documents to prepare electrical and mechanical drawings and bills of material for Motor Control Center (MCC) orders. Efficiently resolve discrepancies or deficiencies in the incoming order information. Use a variety of software tools to efficiently and accurately prepare the documents required to manufacture MCC orders. Position requires ability to successfully interact with manufacturing, application engineering, engineering, sales and customers. Position may require ability to work on small teams.
• Provide customer drawings, assembly drawings and bills of materials for the MCC (structure, units, shipping section) based on product knowledge, knowledge of applicable codes and standards, and use of appropriate reference documents.
• Select special devices to function as required in assemblies/circuits. Determine proper method for applying, installing and wiring special devices as required.
• Revise standard and prepare new electrical schematics and connection diagrams.
• Assist shop in solving problems related to mechanical assemblies or wiring diagrams or bills of material.
• Use appropriate software to accomplish above tasks. Current software in use is Promis.e, AutoCAD, and FAMES (MCC configurator).
• Assist in training MCC engineering, manufacturing technicians as required.
EDUCATION/WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
BS Degree in Electrical Engineering referred or Mechanical Engineering with specific motor control experience. Knowledge of control terminology. Ability to read schematics and prints. Computer skills (Microsoft and CAD). Previous motor control engineering experience preferred.
Assists in material specification, schematic preparation and appropriate follow-up. Provides assistance in design, development, testing and modifications of solutions. Provides assistance in preparing explanations and clarifies information to enable proper interpretation and evaluation of specifications, performance characteristics or other technical data. Assists in communicating technical and commercial issues clearly.