Electrical Design Engineer
My direct client is looking for Electrical Design Engineer in Kansas City, KS. This is a fulltime permanent position. The Salary range is DOE.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or BS in Computer Engineering
- Ideally involving design for a minimum of one year relevant design experience small to medium production volumes of instrumentation for the process industries.
- Must have Hart Communication software
- Must have written embedded code specifically for the implementation of a communications protocol.
- Some experience in design and implementation of analog and/or digital hardware – ideally for low-powered applications that are typical in instrumentation.
- Knowledge, and ideally some experience in the use circuit analysis and simulation tools.
- Knowledge, and ideally some experience with electronic packaging techniques.
- Knowledge and experience with PC Board Layout software.
- Knowledge of software life-cycle models and validation (proof of correctness) methodology will be useful.
- Proven ability to design, configure, code and document embedded software in accordance with recognized quality methodologies and standards.
- Proficient in C and/or C++.
- Some understanding and familiarity with pressure and level sensing technologies applied in the markets served by SOR.
- Familiar with electronic lab test equipment (e.g. power supplies, frequency analyzers, DSO, pressure raising equipment, etc.)
- Computer literate: MS Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Understand engineering drawings that conform to relevant national and international standards.
- Some familiarity with working within a project environment.
- Has worked within an ISO-9001 compliant quality system or is familiar with the fundamental concepts.
- Hands on ability – able to assemble prototypes and fabricate prototype parts (in small quantities) if required.
Please complete the following skills-matrix and send back with your updated resume.
Total experience as Electrical Design Engineer:
Total experience with Hart Communication software (Highway Addressable Remote Transducer) Communication software) (If you have experience in this skill, it should be show in your project responsibilities as well, requested by client):
Have you written embedded code specifically for the implementation of a communications protocol?
Total experience with design and implementation of analog and/or digital hardware:
Total experience with low-powered applications that are typical in instrumentation:
Total experience with PC Board Layout:
Total experience in C and/or C++:
Day Phone #:
Evening Phone #:
Cell Phone #:
Work Status (US Citizen / Green Card /H1B/ others):
Have you applied recently for this requirement earlier through anyone else? Y/N:
Are you ready to relocate on your own expenses (Yes/No)?
Are you ready for face to face interview on your own expenses (Yes/No)?