Design Engineering Lead - Enterprise SSD's (closed)
Description: As the DE Lead, this team member is responsible for driving the product development and lifecycle process for the next generation Enterprise SSD product family. The candidate will work closely with all technical disciplines to insure the final product meets or exceeds the stated requirements in terms of performance, reliability, and cost. Prior work experience in the design and development of either hard disk drive (HDD) or solid-state disk drive (SSD) technology, products and services is a must. Solid foundation of board design experience relating to Signal Integrity, Emissions, Power Distribution and Immunity will also be needed. Working experience with SATA and/or SAS interface standards is also required.
- Document & drive the Engineering development strategy, plan and priority
- Provide engineering responses to MRD and design gap closure
- Coordinate regular design & product reviews
- Complete PLC deliverables for all Drive Design module
- Define & manage drive configuration through RDTs
- Formulate & issue recommendations for technical risk assessments at all phases of PLC
- Drive root cause F/A, closure & verification on all drive failures through product launch
- Drive documentation for vendors and manufacturing.
- Drive Design Engineering support for improving yield and reducing test times
- Assist Field/Application Engineering to gain technical knowledge for achieving TTM customer qualifications
- Serve as the Design Engineering customer interface
- Conduct weekly communications meetings with all internal Design Engineering functions
- Manage design CTQs
- Fill in for Program Manager as required
- Provide technical inputs to Program Manager for Program Reviews, C-Level Metrics and other Executive updates
- BS in Electrical Engineering required
- 4+ years experience in hardware/board design electronics field
- Must have in-depth knowledge of product development and maintenance through-out product life cycle.
- Must have a working knowledge of component/board level ECAD design tools
- Able to work independently and in-team in multiple projects in a result-driven environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are required, as is a highly disciplined approach to problem solving
- Must be a self starter who can work with minimal supervision in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft* Office* tool suite is desired
Ability to travel (less than 25%)