State and Local Tax Senior Manager - Practice Leader
One of the fastest growing accounting, tax and advisory firms in the U.S is looking for a Strategic Leader to join its growing State and Local Tax practice in Nashville, TN.
This firm has a growing State and Local Tax practice in the Nashville marketplace, and has the resources and support of a large national firm, but with the upward mobility and reward recognition of a small firm. They place a great emphasis on personal as well as professional growth and the firm culture encourages personal and professional life balance.
Firm offers excellent compensation, interesting and challenging work, a stimulating peer group with exposure to top management and an unmatched work/life balance.
Job Description: Strategic State and Local Tax Practice Leader
Overall Strategic Leader
- Leader of local State and Local Tax Practice - Communicate and lead the overall local SALT group Vision/Steering
- Responsible for achieving local SALT Operating Statement targeted budget.
- Responsible for local strategic personnel decisions with input from SALT Regional Leader, SALT DU EIC, Product Leaders, SALT HR Executive and local tax partner in charge.
- Initiate hiring process with input from SALT Regional Leader, SALT HR Executive, Product Leaders and local tax partner in charge.
- Complete required SALT personnel reviews with input from Product Leaders.
Local Technical Expertise
- SALT Technical Resource Locally
- Understand local office clients and targets and define Product technical resource needs.
- Identify and develop local SALT professionals to fulfill technical needs.
- Seek required assistance from Product Leaders - Act as Product Leader liaison.
- Provide overall local office technical quality control / processes / efficiencies
- Assist Product Leaders with Product enhancements/overall initiatives.
- Monitor and ensure achievement of local office professional SALT CPE requirements
Local Office Sales Leader
- Marketing - Drive Local Product Group Revenue
- Identify local SALT opportunities - current clients & targets
- Leverage Local Office Contacts - initiate team selling
- Leverage Sales & Business Development Specialists