Department Controller-Tech Ops
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Support Aircraft Maintenance Operations’ requirements for financial and operational planning, analysis and purchasing; serve as liaison to Finance, Purchasing and Information Services.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Position requires some physical exertion such as pulling, pushing, reaching, bending, standing, walking and light lifting of boxes, bags, files, etc. not in excess of 30 lbs. TYPICAL WORKING CONDITIONS: Can involve long periods of sitting. Computer work, in a typical office environment, subject to critical deadlines. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Serve as liaison to Technology Center to ensure department’s requirements are properly communicated and met.
- Serve as liaison to Finance and Purchasing to ensure transaction submissions/ processing are timely, complete and accurate.
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, within the department and occasionally across the division. Some external customer, vendor, manager and/or regulatory official communications may be required.
- Listen, understand and negotiate within the department and occasionally across the division.
- Perform/review analysis of financial and operational data pertinent to Flight Operations; identify trends; and recommend/implement improvements.
- Prepare/review detailed budget for the department and perform monthly variance analysis.
- Supervise local purchasing efforts and ensure procedures and controls are observed.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to work extra hours when necessary. Some travel may be necessary. Must possess valid drivers license and if position requires use of company vehicle(s), must be insurable under company insurance coverage.
- 5-8 years of financial analysis/accounting experience, to include at least 5 years of supervisory experience. (Required)
- Four year Business Degree, or equivalent experience. (Required)
- No licensures or certification required; (Required)
- Excellent general business knowledge required; (Required)
- Additional Qualifications
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. (Required)
- Excellent analytical skills. (Required)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. (Required)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint). (Required)
- Technology and/or purchasing experience (Preferred)
- 2+ years of airline experience. (Preferred)