Composites Product Manager (closed)
High Performance Resins:
Ultem* resins and copolymers is a business is built on expanding our Polyetherimide product line into different dimensions by providing both new resin building blocks and new commercially available material forms. While Ultem has been a staple injection molding resin in the Aerospace, Semicon, and Telecom industries for many years, recent technology advances have enabled Ultem to become available in multiple material forms for non-injection use. Additives, Composites materials, ultra-thin films, and fibers are all emerging segments with extreme market interest.
This role posted will be US-based and ideally located in the New England area but support value chain development and growth programs across the globe. This role will be pivotal in collaborating with strategic external partners to continue to commercialize exciting new platforms for the Aerospace, defense, and high-end marketplaces that require various types of composite materials and processing. (i.e.Woven fabrics, thermoplastic honeycombs, unidirectional tapes, and multiple FST enabled composite systems).
- Develop business plan and operating model for multiple Ultem based Thermoplastic composite materials
- Lead efforts with multiple external partners commercially introducing and selling thermoplastic composite material solutions and processes
- Lead Joint venture activities with partners for new composite design solutions in select priority industries (such as Aerospace).
- Identify market opportunity and strategy to deliver contribution margin growth
- Strategically and technically assess all opportunities for the greatest long term potential.
- Id technical and application development teams to create new processing + material solutions for high-end thermoplastic composite materials.
We are looking for:
A dynamic and enthusiastic personality with a passion to perform in emerging new market environments. An execution expert with a great team spirit and a ‘can-do’ attitude, and:
- 5 years commercial experience + experience in program or product management
- Prior experience in the composites industry (thermoset or thermoplastic) preferred
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute strategic product and/or industry marketing plans
- MS/PhD in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Polymer Science
- Analytical, results-oriented, innovative & self motivated
- Able to creatively solve problems and generate new technical pathway ideas
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, & presentation skills
- Strategic thinking with strong business acumen
- Able to operate within a matrix environment leading program efforts with internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively and communicate complex technical ideas effectively in both technical and commercial environments