Pharma R&D Management Consulting Manager (closed)
If you join Accenture you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
Accenture's Consulting workforce is involved in business consulting, process design work and the application of technologies to business. A career in Consulting is varied and stimulating because each project presents a new challenge and will give you exposure to new clients, business issues, technologies and people. We need people who are able to challenge conventional thought, offer unique perspectives and conceive more innovative solutions for our clients.
Working as a consultant with Accenture, you will build core business, technology and industry expertise helping to deliver world-class business and technology solutions that enable clients to become high performance businesses. Consultants must be professionals who have an interest in how business processes work and interact. In addition, consultants need to apply their skills in project and program management while exhibiting leadership in process re-engineering and implementation of process, technology, and organizational change. Finally, consultants also need to have a working knowledge of the industry and/or the functional areas they serve.
The Consulting workforce is made up of three groups: Management Consulting, Systems Integration Consulting and Technology Consulting. This consulting group structure provides outstanding opportunities to develop highly specialized skills that will help you advance your career.
Professionals who work on management consulting (MC) projects within Accenture's Life Sciences R&D Practice are focused on how to improve returns from existing business and achieve sustainable high performance.
Our work is performed on site with our clients, and depending on candidate location this position may require travel up to 80%, typically weekly, Monday - Thursday.
The Life Sciences R&D Manager will join the R&D practice and bring leading consulting skills to support R&D clients who seek to develop targeted strategies, transform their business or realize significant benefits to their organization as a whole or parts thereof. This includes the delivery of value provided by the application of:
- Strong executive presence and client relationship building / influencing skills
- Exceptional communication skills
- Exceptional team building / mentoring skills
- Ability to drive rigorous, fact-based appraisal of industry performance drivers and competitive dynamics
- Application of innovative as well as established analytical tools to devise a clearly articulated strategy and associated business value
- Deep industry knowledge and insight within the R&D segment
The Manager will support delivery of client work and develop new client opportunities with both existing clients and prospective new clients:
- Drive rigorous and structured approach to identifying and solving client problems
- Structure and perform financial analyses and develop business cases in conjunction with industry and/or opportunity analyses
- Lead efforts of consultants and analysts on client engagements to ensure that the focus is correct and the work is accomplished on time, and meets or exceeds the highest quality standard
- Structure and develop high impact client communications
- Conduct work in such a way that the results are both of distinctive quality and useful to the client in terms of improving competitive positioning
- Ability to meet travel requirements
- 3+ years of management consulting experience
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical R&D experience
- Bachelors degree.
- Significant responsibility developing team members
- Client network
- Extensive experience working directly with Pharma R&D executives
- Proven success in business strategy consulting with significant engagement delivery experience
Professional Skill Requirements
- A desire to build a career consulting with the world's leading pharmaceutical companies to optimize their R&D organizations, processes and systems.
- Excellent client facing communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work creatively and think analytically.
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require now or in the future sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please forward your resume to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org.