We have a Contract position and was wondering if you are interested. The job description is below. Please let me know if you are comfortable with the requirement. Please send me your resume, and we can discuss additional info.
Title - Application Packager II
Duration - 6+Months Contract
Location - Tucson, AZ
Designs and develops highly complex, integrated solutions through tools, processes and procedures to facilitate the cost effective delivery of services.
Performs testing and integration of computer environments such as desktop, mainframe, midrange, servers, etc..
The candidate will be responsible for the analysis, testing, certifying and packaging of multiple COTS and in-house developed Microsoft® Windows® applications for deployment to the Microsoft® Windows® 7 operating system.
Completed packages will be accompanied with test documentation to become a quality-approved and tested standard. These packages will be designed for delivery via a self-service request tool coupled with Microsoft SCCM (SMS) to a standardized, locked-down desktop environment.
Primary responsibilities of the role are analysis, testing, scripting and producing high quality MSI packages to be pushed to a secure client desktop environment.
Candidate will be an effective team player of the packaging and test deployment team, assisting in the resolution of technical packaging issues and effective problem escalation to the project manager.
This engagement requires industry experience with the deployment of Microsoft Windows 7 and desktop applications in a controlled corporate IT environment.
Defines system objectives and design specifications in collaboration with business analyst and/or project manager. May establish moderately complex operational databases, software configuration controls and system interfaces for computer system('s) assigned.
Analyzes and revises existing system logic difficulties and documentation to enhance system efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
• Four or more years of system analysis or systems development experience
• Experience working with several programming languages, operating systems, hardware and software
• Experience working with relational databases to facilitate systems analysis
• The candidate should possess between 3 - 8 years of relevant professional experience. Candidate must be able to conduct interviews with technical and business application owners, analyze and document application installation environments, create installation scripts and windows installation packages using industry standard tools.
• Must have a good working knowledge of MSI packaging tools, VB scripting and Microsoft Windows installer technology.
• Must have knowledge of Windows 7 operating system (file system and registry level). The working environment dictates adherence to strict delivery schedules and deadlines.
- Strong technical knowledge of the Windows 7 desktop operating system and Active Directory.
- Administrative knowledge of the Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) infrastructure and utilities.
- Creation of installation packages, such as .MSI files using industry standard tools.
- VB scripting development
- Command-file development.
- Enthusiastic, timely & reliable.
- Professional presence and demeanor.
- Ability to learn and traverse the client organization, reach out and gain client inputs and approvals in a timely manner.
- Accurate and comprehensive documentation skills.
- Documentation of requirements for desktop installation, configuration, and environmental dependencies.
- Creation of customized windows silent install scripts.
- Testing of SOE images and packages in a controlled laboratory environment.
- Testing of installed applications in accordance with test plans.
- Research vendor compatibility for the target environment.
- Be able to prepare meticulous, client ready documentation and recommendations in English.