SW Developer - C, Unix/Linux/Solaris, OS Development (closed)
The Solaris System User Space project is responsible for providing a user-level system experience familiar to both Linux and UNIX users to help people switch to the premier UNIX operating system.
This engineering team has two simultaneous goals: keep existing Solaris customers happy and support backward compatibility while enticing users familiar with a GNU user environment to to switch to Solaris. That transition will be enabled by creating a single system environment that contains a mixture of UNIX and GNU user-level functionality for users, developers and system administrators. Creating this mixed environment requires creativity and the ability to balance multiple (and often conflicting) requirements.
Experienced software developer will work on a distributed engineering team (UK and US) on Solaris system interfaces to provide a user-level
experience familiar to both Linux and UNIX users. System interfaces include libraries and associated kernel functionality and commands and include work on functionality and ensuring compatibility and standards compliance.
* Experience with C, shell programming and makefiles.
* Familiarity with two or more of:
- Single UNIX specification (SUS)
- Other UNIX or UNIX-like command environment interfaces.
* Familiarity with multi-platform software constructions tools such as Mercurial, git, etc.
* Experience developing/maintaining command line utilities or libraries.
* Experience with popular *NIX C programming libraries.
* Participation in open source development communities desirable.
* Experience with standards processes desirable.
* Great team work, initiative and communication skills.
* Bachelors Degree, Masters Degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical discipline (or equivalent).
If you are interested in this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com with IRC1649587 in the subject line.
As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).