Interactive Visual Designer (closed)
As an Interactive Visual Designer, you will work closely with Art Directors, designers and developers, as well as product, editorial and business leads, to create usable innovative solutions to interface design.
This is a full-time position, offering a full benefits package. Candidates should demonstrate a strong focus in the interactive field with 2-4 years experience. Bachelor's degree or higher in Graphic or New Media Design preferred.
Seize the opportunity to collaboratively design and maintain one of the company's highest priority initiatives, AOL.com, attracting an audience of millions every day.
Creativity & Technical Excellence:
- Exhibit a solid understanding of design fundamentals including color theory, typography, composition, photo retouching, as well as branding and logotype skills.
- Exhibit ability to execute design tasks in alignment with style guides and standards.
- Work with Art Director and Sr. Designers to create and design visual treatments that meet AOL and client specifications.
- Exhibit fluency in standard interactive design software tools: Adobe CS, Microsoft Office and above-beginner understanding of web syndication to include but not limit to data feeds, HTML and CSS.
- Possess a broad understanding of interface design and social media.
- Understand the importance of web site performance and motivated to design for extreme optimization.
- Identify, address and solve technical problems as they relate to interface, screen design and/or the web. Designs what can be built with relevant publishing systems.
Demonstrates attention to detail with work and process. Be independent, proactive and able to perform under very tight schedules. Work well with design direction and be comfortable within team environments. Demonstrate attention to detail, a solution-oriented attitude and be a great team player. Thrive in a highly collaborative, agile, fast-paced, exciting work environment
**Please include link to online portfolio on your resume submission**
Do you want to make the Internet better? We do too. And we’re always looking for people with great ideas. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who love the Internet, but can see its cracks… and future, too.
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.