Quality Engineer (South Yorkshire) £30-£35K+ (closed)
WJ Partners Vacancy Update:
On behalf of our South Yorkshire based client we are looking to appoint a driven & focused Quality Engineer whom has the ability to be hands on in driving the business forward.
You will be joining a very unique and demanding environment, driven heavily by targets and figures.
The opportunity has arisen following an internal move from previous post holder.
Nature of Business: Forgings and Specialty Metals
- Investigate and resolve customer and internal non conformance, including preparation and submission of concession requests.
- Use of internal non conformance database to analyse trends and liaise with the continuous improvement team to implement improvement activities.
- Communicate quality statistics and improvement activities.
- Perform internal and external audits of our business and sub-contract base.
- Represent Quality and Inspection at New Parts meetings and undertake FAIR, PPAP, as required.
- Perform Gauge R & R /MSA studies to monitor and improve inspection techniques and equipment.
- Prepare internal and customer quality reports as required.
- Participate in multi discipline teams to address issues aligned to the achievement of Company objectives.
- Provide direct service to production teams in inspection quality applications, tools, techniques and systems.
- Participate in and support inspection quality improvement processes based on a range of tools and techniques (8D etc).
- Participate in and support product and process continuous improvement activities based on a range of tools and techniques.
- To carry out inspection quality control activities involved in delivering continuous improvement in product quality and business objectives.
- Direct involvement in the application of inspection tools, techniques and systems.
- Investigate and resolve external non-conformances and report sub-contract quality performance via scorecard process.
- Represent Quality Team at Supplier/Customer external meetings.
- To support the establishment of the necessary quality management systems, through involvement with Quality Assurance Audits that support the business unit performance and product and process quality improvement.
- To compile and maintain higher level quality documents as required.
- To operate within the company standards relating to Security, Quality, Environment, Health and Safety.
- Induct all new starters into the business in relation to quality standards.
- Update workforce on any new quality initiatives and give refresher training.
- Undertake other tasks within the scope of your expertise as required.
- To review new and amended Customer and Regulatory Specifications.
- To deputise for the Quality Manager in his absence.
-Worked in a Quality position within a manufacturing environment.
-Organised and disciplined with excellent team working and communication skills.
- Not afraid to challenge the norm.
-Ideally have an academic qualification or relevant experience in quality/ manufacturing
-Excellent IT skills
-The ideal candidate will have experience using the Q-Pulse quality system
If you would like to discuss the vacancy please call Caroline on 0161 236 8329 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org