Operations Associate Intern (closed)
FXCM Inc. (NYSE: FXCM) is a global online provider of foreign exchange (forex) trading and related services to retail and institutional customers world-wide.
At the heart of FXCM's client offering is No Dealing Desk forex trading. Clients benefit from FXCM’s large network of forex liquidity providers enabling FXCM to offer competitive spreads on major currency pairs. Clients have the advantage of mobile trading, one-click order execution and trading from real-time charts. FXCM's U.K. subsidiary, Forex Capital Markets Limited, also offers CFD products with no re-quote trading and allows clients to trade oil, gold, silver and stock indices along with forex on one platform. In addition, FXCM offers educational courses on forex trading and provides free news and market research through DailyFX.com.
FXCM’s Internship Program provides opportunities for college students to map out career paths by gaining hands-on experience, skills and knowledge.
The qualified individual should be enrolled in a 2 or 4-year degree program and must have a minimum GPA of 3.0. The candidate will possess strong leadership, analytical, and problem solving skills. This role requires confidentiality, strong communication and organizational skills. The candidate should be able to work in a team environment as well as work independently and be computer proficient.
Key Duties & Responsibilities :
- Sort, rename and reformat incoming requests via online depository, enterprise fax and/or email for distribution
- Review Global Screening reports as part of due diligence procedures
- Assist with reporting and projects involving retail/institutional clients and department procedures using Excel and internal software
- Conduct research on Forex market policies and regulations
- Performing back office operations and processing transactions as well as account maintenance requests
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
Experience and Skills:
- Computer literate - Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) and Internet, Adobe Acrobat and Power Point a plus
- Applicant must be detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and meet deadlines in a fast-paced business environment
- Self starter and able to work with minimal supervision
- Special consideration for people who speak Foreign Languages: Arabic, French, German, Japanese, Mandarin, Korean, Spanish, and Hebrew speakers are in high demand
- Must be able to work a minimum of 25 hour per week. Summer interns are required to work a full-time schedule (40 hrs) a week
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be eligible to work in the USA (No H1 Visa Sponsorship)
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in a related field with a min GPA of 3.0
If you are not currently pursuing a Bachelor's Degree, please do not apply. Only undergraduate students will be considered for this internship.
Prior to submitting your resume, the firm requests that you do the following: Review the firm’s website thoroughly: www.fxcm.com
Apply to: https://www1.apply2jobs.com/FXCM/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=123&sid=71