Program Management Office Director (closed)
Smiths Medical is in the process of establishing a Strategic Program Management Office (PMO) responsible for the coordination, prioritization and integration of all strategic programs. This position will help develop our PMO’s standards, processes, and toolsets and create a PMO center of excellence. The PMO Director will be responsible for planning, directing and controling the organization’s overall PMO plans and policies along with its project management practices and the related conduct of the business in conjustion with Smiths Group policies and procedures. Position provides leadership and direction on all business issues as it relates to PMO activities and will have responsibilities at the program level, as well as direct project management responsibilities. The position has oversight responsibility for issues that affect multiple projects within the organization, managing the relationships with users and sponsors as it relates to the overall direction and coordination of the initiative, introducing best practices, managing relationships and driving for continuous improvements. The Director will be responsible for leadership, development and mentoring of individual project managers and ensuring high performance and compliance with policies and procedures.
- As a member of the management team, contribute to the Division’s strategic and tactical planning, cross functional collaboration, new business development and provide primary PMO input for global project management activities.
- Direct the global Program Management Office (PMO) organization to ensure conformance to business goals, quality reviews and audits; placing an emphasis on coordinating and prioritizing across projects, departments and entities to insure resource constraints are managed from a global perspective and in line with strategic priorities.
- Responsible for coordinating, mentoring, training all Program and Project Managers and building project management strength throughout the world.
- Responsible for the implementation of project management tools, processes, best practices and standardizing reporting. Provide innovative and creative ideas to create a PMO center of excellence.
- Design, build and implement solutions to include using Information Technology, Value Stream Mapping, Risk Management and Interdisciplinary Project Teams.