Sr. Electrical Power Delivery Engineer (closed)
Bergmann Associates is a progressive engineering and architectural design firm with three decades of success providing multi-disciplinary services to clients throughout the United States. Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Bergmann has ten U.S. offices and 330 professional and technical staff featuring talented planners, architects, interior designers, landscape architects, programmers, developers, structural, civil, environmental, mechanical, electrical, and industrial engineers. Bergmann Associates – Our People and Our Passion in Every Project.
Bergmann Associates is seeking a Senior Electrical Power Delivery Engineer for our Rochester, NY location. This position leads engineering activities for electric substation and power distribution projects. Plans, controls and manages project activities to effectively complete engineering and design for construction projects. Provides liaison with other departments, divisions, vendors or consultants and coordinates with government agencies, customers, other utilities or groups. Applies and interprets company, local, state, and national codes and standards and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements. Conducts feasibility studies, completes estimates and develops engineering criteria.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Electrical Power Delivery Engineer with an emphasis on substation design for medium and high voltage projects. Experience as a lead engineer doing engineering, detailed technical design, & direction and oversight of projects teams for substation (15 to 345KV) and power system engineering projects.
Some specific activities include:
- Develops project design criteria and communicates it to the project team.
- Develops, plans, coordinates and directs the engineering work for technically complex projects, large and small.
- Develops or evaluates plans/criteria or special analyses required in support of the engineering effort.
- Develops new or improved techniques or procedures for application in unique engineering situations.
- Coordinates the design of projects with involved Bergmann and client engineering and construction personnel
- Provide direction to the project team.
- Assist Project Management with estimating project costs for engineering and construction and ensuring compliance with schedule, budget, quality, and safety requirements.
- Assists in business development activities to develop new work, respond to proposals, and develop project budgets, schedules, and manpower requirements.
- Candidates must be able to communicate and work well with all clients, vendors and staff and able to work in a diverse cultural environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from either an ABET accredited program in the USA or its foreign equivalent. Must have a Professional Engineer (PE) license in the USA or be in active pursuit of such registration if not already registered.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience performing engineering related duties and a working knowledge of electrical substation facilities and power distribution design.