@Java Developer (1-5 yrs) @TheLadders #NYC #lucene #solr #scala (closed)
TheLadders is seeking a Java Developer with a passion for technology coupled with the skills and intelligence to make our solutions a reality. We work in a fast-paced, open environment where innovation and participation is encouraged through blogging, custom tool development, hack-a-thons, and other out-of-the-box techniques.
You must be a natural born problem solver with great hands-on technical skills. Our current systems are predominantly Java-based, leveraging the Spring Framework, built upon solutions such as Solr/Lucene, MySQL, Avro, and more.
We believe in small teams of creative engineers that can solve problems and innovate at every layer of the stack, and we want you to provide expert guidance and insights to those teams to ensure the long-term stability, quality and performance of our products.
2011 saw many technical accomplishments including:
- Implementing the groundwork for SOA
- Successfully modeling the core domains (jobs, jobseekers, recruiters)
- Developing a Continuous Deployment Roadmap that shortened deployment cycle time from every 2 weeks (requiring 6+ hours) to 2-3 times per week (requiring 30 minutes-1 hour)
- Increasing overall test coverage from fully manual to fully automated during development
- Introducing Scala into the stack
2012 and beyond will continue to be marked by innovation and growth.
- You will contribute to the continuous development of both strategic projects and operational solutions (e.g., CRM related projects such as use of the Salesforce API)
- You will collaborate with your team in brainstorming, designing and implementing new solutions
- You will contribute to the improvement of our continuous integration and testing frameworks
- You will suggest tools and best practices to improve our stability, performance and site quality
- You have 3-5 years of experience as a developer; your coding style is described by others as “craftsman”-like
- You are energized by working in a collaborative environment
- You abide by the “best tool for the job” approach to selecting technologies and languages
- You are able to motivate yourself to achieve short and long-term goals
- You have shipped projects working as part of a cohesive team, and you can point to them online
- You are contributing to an open source project (hacking up a new app sounds like a great extra-curricular activity)
- You are active in open source communities
- You know Java, the JVM, and many of its supporting tools and libraries
- You are comfortable with performance profiling and tuning code and systems from end-to-end
- You have experience using source control systems, build systems
- You are familiar with XP engineering practices
Our mission? “The right person for the right job.” We’re in the business of connecting jobseekers, recruiters and employers. We seek out motivated people who will dig deep into the emotional and business drivers of our customers and help them make meaningful connections. Individually and collectively, we solve problems, not with a sense of obligation, but rather responsibility. Everyone is empowered to make the tough decisions which will make our products and services even more valuable to our customers.
We have a casual, collaborative atmosphere in our two SoHo lofts with dedicated “idea” rooms. And we can’t forget to mention the stocked snack room and game room. And UNLIMITED VACATION!
TheLadders has been committed to finding the right person for the right job since 2003. With a unique suite of personalized products and resume services, this career-focused online service helps job seekers connect with employers and recruiters more effectively and efficiently. Given its heritage as the leader in the $100K+ job search, TheLadders is dedicated to the science behind the job search and can help all career-driven professionals of any level find the right jobs. TheLadders.com is headquartered in New York with offices in London. For more information please visit http://careers.thelad....
We are a dynamic, fast-paced, high-growth internet company that rewards meritorious performance. We work hard and play hard. We are a results-oriented, goal-driven team with a strong commitment to excellence. We hire the best and the brightest individuals without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, alienage, mental or physical disability, genetic predisposition or genetic carrier status, HIV status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. TheLadders.com is an equal opportunity employer.
Email me about your interest. I'll be happy to talk to you about the role of interest and answer all your questions.