Big Data Software Architect - NoSQL/Hadoop (closed)
Westboro, MA - profitable, maturing startup looking for a very high profile addition to their team - a Big Data/NoSQL Architect, a true "guru". Salary/equity to 160k range.
Software Architect - Big Data
As Software Architect, you will be part of a small team and lead the design effort on a specific set of components that will be part of a total solution. In this role you will bring to market an innovative solution working closely with the CTO, other product developers and architects, and product managers.
* Designing the overall architecture of a system or sub-system including data models, interaction models, workflows and user interfaces
* Ability to rapidly prototype using agile software development methods
* Integrating internal and external product components into a cohesive design
* Authoring detailed specifications to be used to drive the design
* Planning and managing the deliverables and milestones throughout the development process from conception to prototype to QA and commercial release.
* Coordinating and tracking release and build requirement with other components being built by peers on the team
* Defining and participating in the developing of other “whole product” requirements such as systems management, testing tools, and documentation
* Translating product requirements and other outside input into prototypes and designs
* Successfully communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale to others inside and outside the organization
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, math or related field
* At least 10+ years experience in architecting and developing large enterprise SW efforts
* Knowledge of big data Hadoop) and/or noSQL technologies such as Riak, Cassandra, MongoDB, Hbase
* Robust C++ and/or Java knowledge - file systems level.
Sound interesting? Send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - subject line "Big Data Software Architect"
The Bivium Group is a renowned technical recruiting firm with a sixth sense for crafting the right fit between opportunity and talent. Our focus is on building long-term relationships with both clients and candidates which is demonstrated by our unsurpassed network of skilled talent and intimate knowledge of our client's business needs. We have earned a reputation for our exceptional service, our willingness to build long-term relationships, and the ability to fully grasp the often complex requirements of our clients. Our wide-ranging knowledge of the software industry, and recognition in the marketplace only enhances our ability to help reach our shared goals - a lifelong partnership with you - and to offer the very best recruiting experience available today. I have been in the technology industry for over 20 years. I have worked within several startups including positions such as Vice President of Operations, General Manager and Founder at three technology based startups - including my own consulting firm from the late 80s and into the 90's. I left the startup world to join one of New England's oldest and largest recruiting agencies where I assisted in the meteoric growth of a new office in a new geography. My performance over the past few years has placed me in the top 1% of National Recruiters. My philosophy is simple - I am a career partner to both our candidates and clients.
Visit our website to view more of Boston's Best Software Engineer jobs (150+): http://www.biviumgroup.com/search.php
- Jobs are updated frequently so please check back regularly.
keywords: NoSQL, Java, C++, Software Architect, Hadoop, Cassandra, Riak, Hbase, memcached, mongodb, big data, scott dunlop, bivium group, principal software engineer