Technical Support Representative
Successful candidate will be responsible for providing world-class technical support for our global customers utilizing our award-winning network management software. Candidate will be responsible for answering technical support questions via telephone, email and other channels as defined. Candidate will be required to respond verbally or electronically to questions ranging from basic functionality to setup and configuration related questions. The ideal candidate will have both technical credentials and a friendly consultative approach to solving customer problems. We would also like the candidates to have:
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Experience working with a wide range of operating systems and platforms in a production environment
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and meet all internal and external time commitments
- Proven ability to provide excellent customer service to a globally diverse customer base
- Ability to work an on-call, rotational schedule as needed or warranted
- Ability to document accurate and concise case notes regarding customer interactions
- Experience troubleshooting hardware and software related incidents
- Working knowledge with all versions of Microsoft Operating Systems and Microsoft SQL
- Experience providing Windows, Linux/UNIX Technical Support to Customers
- Experience working with TCP/IP, SNMP, ICMP, MIBS
- Working knowledge of network hardware configurations for routers, switches and firewalls
Preferred Education and Experience:
3 – 4 years of applicable work experience. MCP, MCSE, CCENT other applicable certifications are preferred.
SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) provides powerful and affordable IT management software to more than 100,000 customers worldwide – from Fortune 500 enterprises to small businesses. Focused on the real-world needs of IT professionals, SolarWinds products are downloadable, easy to use and maintain, and provide the power, scale, and flexibility needed to manage today’s complex IT environments. SolarWinds’ growing online community, thwack, is a gathering-place for problem-solving, technology-sharing, and participating in product development for all of SolarWinds’ products. Learn more today at http://www.solarwinds.com .
Recent press on SolarWinds: http://bit.ly/gneoKi - “SolarWinds Inc. makes Forbes magazine’s list of the 25 Fastest Growing Technology Companies!”
SolarWinds is an Equal Opportunity Employer.