Environmental Health & Safety Manager (closed)
Directs plans, establishes, and implements a variety of health, safety, environment and loss prevention programs to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees, plant facilities, and equipment. Assures that the companies are in compliance with applicable federal and state health, safety and environmental laws, regulations, and standards
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop methods to identify operation hazards and evaluate safety problem areas. Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices. Review injury and property damage reports. Provide advice and counsel concerning all city, state, and federal compliance regulations.
- Must have knowledge of ISO 14001/OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Survey to identify and evaluate health, safety and environmental conditions.
- Develop company hazard controls by formulating and recommending policies, codes, safety, health, andenvironmental standards and procedures. Incorporate essential safety, health, and environmental requirements in all purchasing and control actions. Purchase safety equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate the implementation of controls from results of hazard analysis.
- Compile, analyze, and interpret accident, loss, and exposure statistical data; prepare comprehensive recommendations for corrective action to eliminate or minimize potential hazards. Conduct Safety Committee meetings. Direct or assist in the development of specialized education and training materials.
- Conduct specialized safety and environmental training programs to communicate hazard control information.
- Measure and evaluate the effectiveness of the hazard control system, policies, and procedures and recommend changes that reflect improved opportunities to eliminate work place accidents and injuries.
- Supervises the performance of on-site inspection to audit physical conditions and safe work practices. Assist in new employee health, safety and environmental orientation development.
- Directs the waste program, including collection, packing, storage, and disposal for all assigned facilities.
- Responsible for the overall administration of worker's compensation program for all assigned companies.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- Coordinate deployment of safety initiatives across all the North America operations.
- Be a technical resource on environmental health and safety to the above companies.
Credentials and Experience
Must have a minimum of a BS degree prefer a degree in environmental health or related field
Must have at least five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment in the areas of fire prevention, environmental health, industrial hygiene and safety
Prefer experience with facilities located worldwide
Must be a US citizen who can travel domestically and internationally