Senior Completions Engineer (closed)
A young, growing, publicly traded E&P company in DENVER is seeking a seasoned, experienced, EXPERT Completions Engineer in lieu of recent acquisitions and expansion into the Bakken and the W. Texas Permian basin. These recent acquisitions add to an already phenomenal portfolio with great diversity and balanced production. The current assets are heavily weighted in Oil and Liquids which make up 90% of the current reserves.
The Completions Engineer will be the ‘Go To’ resource for all completions with in the organization and will enjoy tremendous autonomy in the role as they will be considered the internal expert in their field and discipline.
The organization is well financed with a solid leadership team in the C-Suite. They are extremely flat, communicate with pin point transparency and enjoy an ego free, team oriented environment.
I targeted over a dozen companies in the Denver area in an aggressive marketing campaign during December. I expedited tons of due diligence on all the Operators I was considering for new clientele and, out of all of them, this company easily ranked at the top.
SENIOR COMPLETIIONS ENGINEER
Reporting to the Denver Operations Manager, the Senior Completions Engineer is responsible for overseeing the design and execution of completions in company’s producing properties in all areas.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares completion, testing and workover procedures
- Maintains project management control over equipment installation, well completion and workovers
- Develops and/or researches new techniques and approaches related to the completion process in order to identify cost reduction opportunities
- Prepare cost analyses, estimates and AFEs for the completion of wells
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Well optimization planning, completion & workover maintenance operations
- Cost estimating and AFE preparation
- Basic, intermediate and advanced computer skills for Windows-based applications
- Project management practices and control procedures
- Management, mentoring and team leadership principals and practices
- Local government commissions and/or regulatory agencies such as the EPA, BLM, and Native American tribal counsels and tribal governmental agencies
- Be persuasive, persistent, mature and responsible
- Work well under pressure and be adaptable and tactful when dealing with different groups of people
- Work well in a collaborative manner with a diverse workforce and with the local communities in which the Company operates
- Build an exemplary reputation for Company in the local communities in which it operates
- Work effectively within the Company's distributed management system, interacting with, providing input to and receiving input from corporate officers.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- BS degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 yrs. experience