Kansas City, MO
Position Summary: This positions primary responsibility is that of design, installation, management, maintenance and replacement of Citrix XenApp farm and applications. This includes installation, configuration, tuning, monitoring, capacity planning, and upgrading of server applications like Citrix, and other legal industry applications. The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills used to identify, document, and improve company process through the use of technology. This company maintains primarily a Microsoft infrastructure and proficiency in at least one related development language and scripting code is highly desirable. This senior position requires an experienced IT generalist with the attitude and ability to work hard and fast amid shifting priorities.
Essential Functions: System/Application Administration
- · Citrix Farm Administrator XenApp and Xendesktop
- · Establish automated processes to monitor applications to minimize failures or degraded performance, and alert administrators to problems.
- · Develop production, quality assurance (testing), and development environments for the content management infrastructure.
- · Research industry trends to plan for future expansion and improvement in enterprise content management infrastructure application support.
- · Provide on-call support to resolve emergency issues outside normal business hours.
- · Work with internal technical teams to identify and document future system enhancements
- · Communicate problems and problems resolutions to system support personnel to improve ongoing service delivery.
- · Communicate with software vendors on design, integration, installations and problem resolutions.
- · Perform system administration of MS SQL 2000/2005/2008 systems.
- · Monitor and troubleshoot windows applications on the Citrix Farm servers.
- · Work with Practice support & Litigation teams to provide software analysis, test and implementation assistance.
- · Maintain system documentation pertaining to all applications.
- · Regularly interacts with customer and/or functional peer group managers.
- · Experience designing, implementing and maintaining a Citrix XenApp environment.
- · Must be a self-starter - Able to identify issues and work to achieve resolution without constant attention.
- · Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- · Ability to work under pressure
- · Ability to work independently and solve problems through an analytical approach
- · Must be a team player, highly organized, self motivated and energetic
- · Must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule
- · Must be able to travel occasionally (very limited and usually scheduled in advance)
- · Must possess a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- · Experience leading short projects involving outside teams is a plus.
- · Solid understanding of collaboration and content management systems, including supporting infrastructures such as directories, authentication and authorization technologies is a plus.