Java Developer (closed)
Location: Washington, DC
Type: Contract (1 year)
We're looking for a well-rounded developer who enjoys working on diverse and challenging projects. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, able to work with little supervision, and capable of working closely with non-technical colleagues.
Our technology team runs a number of systems, from mobile applications to MapReduce logfile processing, all built on open-source components. We provide a fun, relaxed environment, an ideal place for developers to hone their skills and learn some new ones.
Responsibilities include the design and development of content management tools, e-mail delivery systems, and new features and products for our web site.
* 3+ years of Java web experience
* UNIX (basic sys-admin experience a plus)
* Hibernate, Spring Framework, Wicket
* Tomcat, Apache, MySQL
* Python, Ruby experience a plus
* Experience with agile development methodologies is a plus
* Team player