Community Advocate (closed)
BuildASign.com is a fast-growing self-funded ecommerce powerhouse in Austin, with increasing growth, an expanding international customer base, and a lot of energy. We’re looking for a person interested in working in an uncommonly cool work environment and making their mark on one of the Best Places to Work in Austin!
The BuildASign.com Community Advocate is an energetic, organized, and driven connector who is passionate about the value of community involvement and networking. In order to develop the subject matter experts within our company and attract top talent, BuildASign.com is committed to creating opportunities for our leaders and specialists to grow in their professional and personal communities. The Community Advocate will lead the effort in making that possible for our team by researching, communicating about, and facilitating participation in professional user groups and associations, speaking engagements, nonprofit board service opportunities, volunteering, community events and more.
- Connect leaders and specialists from all areas of BuildASign.com’s operations with local, regional, and national professional development & networking opportunities as well as community involvement opportunities
- Report to top level executive tier on progress
- Achieve measurable results and wins that include talent acquisition, increased employee satisfaction and retention, brand awareness and customer acquisition
- Living, working, and networking in Austin for at least 5 years
- Deep love for making a highly productive, targeted professional connection between two very skilled & talented people
- Deep love for networking and community involvement
- Proven ability to produce results in a highly autonomous environment with minimal supervision
- Proven experience with successfully tracking and reporting on experiential data
- Ability to work with a very wide variety of personality types and skill levels including senior management
- LinkedIn ninja skills
- Excellent analytical skills and strong knowledge and experience with technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and persuasion abilities
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, and responsiveness
- · Patience, flexibility, friendliness, and sense of humor
- Hourly Pay + Bonus commensurate with experience
- Generous health benefits
- 401k with employer match
- 16 days of Paid Time Off plus 6 paid holidays
BuildASign.com is a highly profitable, emerging start-up in Austin, Texas. One of the Best Places to Work in Austin four years running, BuildASign.com was also recently named the one of the fastest growing companies in Austin by the ABJ. In only six years, we have grown to nearly 30 million in revenue and over 180 employees without taking any venture capital. We have a proven model that works, an outstanding team, and a fun, welcoming work environment. If you like working in a fast-paced, results-oriented, team environment that values original thinking, analytical ability and bottom line results, we could be the right place for you. Austin, TX, BuildASign.com’s international headquarters, was named one of Forbes Magazine’s 2011 Top 10 Best Cities for Young Professionals.