Project Manager (closed)
The Project Manager (PM) oversees all aspects of a project using planning, monitoring and controlling processes. The Project Manager is responsible for coordination and completion of the project and to this end will perform a variety of tasks including setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, and monitoring and summarizing progress of the project. The Project Manager may be responsible for more than one project at a time.
PM will be responsible for the successful implementation of different solutions within large mobile operators. A project time-line normally spans over several months up to a year. The project manager is responsible for all activities, including project planning, review meeting with customers, provide guidance for the assigned support engineer. The job also consists of daily contact with the R&D team to report/discuss customer bug reports and feature requests.
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams with participation from different functions within the organization and where appropriate, external sub-contractors
- To be Company’s client representative for all matters relating to the implementation phase of any work undertaken
- To assist in identifying and responding to sales opportunities
- Planning and problem-solving tasks. The Project Manager is responsible for planning the project in order to accomplish its goals or produce the products required within constraints such as time, cost and agreed quality standards.
- The Project Manager must be courteous and polite in written and oral communication, and be able to get ideas across in a non-confrontational manner in one-to-one situations, small groups, and before large audiences.
- The Project Manager is responsible for the project’s commitment to quality – also referred to as fitness for purpose or specification level, and may need to call on specialists to assist in creating or assessing quality standards.
Experience & Knowledge
- Proven project management experience gained in a telecommunications environment
- BSC (or higher) Engineering degree.
- 5 or more years in managing complex implementation projects within large mobile operators, wire line operators or ISPs
- Fluent English
- Very good technical knowledge of IP networks, Cellular topology.
- Good understanding of operating system concepts (UNIX and Windows).
- Previous hand-on technical experience is a big advantage
Skills and Personality
- Without necessarily being an expert, the Project Manager should make an effort to understand the technology being used in order to understand and question requests coming from specialists and technical staff and to evaluate what is reasonable or possible
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong administrative, time management and self-organizational skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies
- Team player, Excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to work under pressure
- Customer oriented
- ‘can do’ attitude
- Excellent priority/time management skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Willing to travel abroad on occasion
- Willing to travel domestically up to 30%