IT Travel Technician (closed)
Heavy travel- 70% during race season
This position is responsible for IT related race day setup, erecting WLAN antennas, bringing up all systems and ensuring successful connectivity locally, to the Internet and core backbone networks. Also, through the helpdesk and support reporting methods, this position will be responsible for accepting, diagnosing and providing resolution for all race event systems, along with the associated ticketing documentation during each phase. The technician will work with network administrators and server technicians as needed. Inclusive within this position, necessary IT and IT end user related consumables and replacement parts are kept stocked and all IT related components are professionally maintained. Lastly, this position is responsible for at track setup procedural documentation creation/updates and ownership of at track devices. Management will provide guidance, direction and additional technical support (as needed). As a backup, this position will provide support, as needed/available, to other technicians. Typical work schedule will be Thursday through Tuesday with limited vacation during the race season. This position requires extensive travel which will be paid by the company.
• Minimum 1-3 years of experience required in desktop support.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a Technical Degree in a computer related field preferred.
• Experience supporting Microsoft operating systems (i.e. Windows XP, Windows 7, etc.).
• Limited Windows Server (2003, 2008) experience a benefit.
• Experience installing and troubleshooting software/applications.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Network and wireless experience.
• Ability to work with limited supervision.
• Creative thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
• Microsoft certification preferred, but not required.
• Excellent time management skills.