|Primary Function of Position:|
Develop and maintain the Company Master Production Schedule and Forecast File. Responsible for working across multiple business units such as product marketing, finance, sales operation, planners, buyer and manufacturing engineers to obtain the best manufacturing strategy to meet the company's quarterly revenue. Performs the forecast load and MRP maintenance in the ERP system per Intuitive's SOX policy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
This position has responsibility and authority for:
- Interface with Marketing and Sales Operations team members to develop and review Forecasts and Materials Plans
- Maintain forecast versus actual shipments for Instruments, Accessories and Systems.
- Summarize the forecast file with Product Marketing for Systems, Instruments and Accessories
- Present the MPS for approval at the monthly executive forecast meeting
- Input Forecasts and Master Production Schedule within a monthly cycle into the ERP system
- Interface with new product introduction teams to support product launch activities
- Provide buyer and planner MPS/MRP support
- Maintain and publish Master Production Schedule (MPS) for manufacturing
- Perform verifications and coordination of supplier forecasting data for buyers
- Manage and review SOX compliance for MRP load
- Review and sign off sales order requests for internal demand
- Verify raw material availability to support the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Interface with SAP consultant to enhance, modify or create SAP reports.
Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience. In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience.)
- In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must:
- BS preferred, and 7+ years of experience in master scheduling, preferably with a medical device company.
- Significant computer experience including MS Office products and ERP systems, preferably SAP and Agile.
- Experience in creating forecasts and master schedules in a low volume high mix manufacturing environment
- Project Management, new product introduction
- Thorough knowledge of and experience working with Kanban systems and other Lean manufacturing principles.
- Detailed working knowledge of forecast models, ERP material planning logic, and master schedule creation.
- Demonstrates concern for precision and thoroughness.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects successfully.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth knowledge of Excel.
- Experience in a high volume ECO environment.
- Ability to sit at a desk for hours while working on a computer to create forecasts and master schedules