Sr. SDE (contract) (closed)
Sr. Software Developer (6 month contract)
This position is responsible for delivering stories on projects and developing the next generation of software for our company. You will help evolve and improve the architecture and development patterns employed by our technology group. This position encourages leadership, creativity and the enthusiasm of participating in a startup business with a wide range of software development opportunities.
- Employ the technologies that comprise our technology stack to find creative and efficient solutions to implement new functionality or sustain and improve existing systems. Evaluate new technologies to further enhance system capabilities.
- Evolve and improve the architectural and development patterns employed at our company when implementing the projects to which I am assigned.
- Participate in and evolve agile or lean methodologies and approaches.
- Break down requirements into assigned discrete development tasks and then produce deliverables as part of feature development teams.
- Interact with cross functional teams to define, implement, test, and deploy system enhancements.
- Often lead feature development teams.
- 5 years minimum experience designing, developing and shipping software products over multiple product release cycles with experience in:
- System Architecture with focus on SOA and n-tier design
- Designing for Performance with caching and threading models
- Development of database schema and stored procedures in a modern RDBMS such as SQL, Oracle, etc.
- Development of Web Services with WCF, REST
- Development of data interaction components with ORMs such as Entity Framework, Linq, ActiveRecord, etc…
- Experience with agile or lean project management methodologies
- Experience with unit test patterns and practices, including test driven development approaches
- Ability to lead small to mid-size teams to accomplish assigned tasks