R&D Manager (closed)
Urgent need for R&D Manager for a high growth, innovative manufacuturer of frozen, prepared foods for foodservice and retail customers.
Company is currently doing $50MM in revenues but with new national accounts is poised to triple that within the year, thanks to a competitor whose response time to customers has gone way down. They are expanding their plant to double capacity and all they need now is an R&D Manager who:
- Is creative at the bench and fully understands contraints of manufacturing for scaling up recipes
- Has a proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Communicates effectively cross-functionally
- Has management experience appropriate to building a new department
Preferred, but not required attributes include:
- Food Science and/or Culinary degree
- Specific experience with frozen meals
- Experience with FDA, USDA, Kosher and/or BRC
This is a high priority and a great opportunity for an R&D leader to strengthen cross-functional expertise in a smaller company, make a huge impact, gain recognition and reap the rewards professionally and financially, getting in on the ground floor with an explosively growth opportunity. This is a confidential search and as such the actual location may be different than posted. Call me for further details!
Eric Namikas, CSAM
Management Recruiters of Portland