Specialist Process Engineer - Mining (closed)
This leading global mining company, with its head office for Canada based in Vancouver and operations in BC and has several new projects on the go. They are looking for talented individuals to assist with their existing operations, as well as new projects. The company values safety, care, respect, integrity, accountability, collaboration and innovation.
Provide technical leadership for all Process activities within the mining project, through the effective use of internal and external resources. You will assist in driving the delivery of the project?s outcomes, maximising the value of the resource and effectively deliver best practice in process optimisation.
· Lead the project in all aspects of process engineering.
· Establish, review and monitor metallurgical processing aspects of (EPCM) contractors' activities, including schedule and costs.
· Establish auditing for compliance with procedures and standards, perform or arrange for performance of compliance audits
· Liaise with the Regional Head of Metallurgy on conformance to standards
· Provide authoritative written technical reports as required.
· Review the geological exploration data collection program and ensure the work is at an appropriate standard to generate necessary coal quality understanding and coal washability models.
· Lead the Coal Handling and Preparation Plant Consultant/s in all aspects of coal handling and preparation plant design including equipment selection and make sure design is according to agreed standards and specifications.
Bachelor of Engineering (Chemical ) or equivalent required
· Project and or operational leadership experience of coal processing function in a Mining setting including site based experience at a leadership/subject matter expert level.
· Contractor Management.
· At least 5 years? experience in a similar role
· Canadian or North East British Columbia mining experience preferred.
Knowledge and experience of:
· Mining and related operations environment.
· Project Management Principles
· Technical areas - Geology, Mining, Metallurgy, Engineering.
· Materials and Service Sourcing in a Project environment
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume, with cover letter to Maurino Pacheco, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403.520.1556
Please include the following Job # 37883 in the subject line of your email
I would like to thank everyone in advance for their interest in this position; however only those requested for follow-up will be contacted be contacted.