Associate Director, Online Programs (closed)
Reporting to the Executive Director of Program Delivery, this person directs & manages an assigned group of programs under close supervision. Programs will be predominantly online but will include some onsite. Programs may include a mix of open enrollment and contract programs. Responsible for leading all aspects of assigned programs, including coordinating faculty effort, ensuring participant satisfaction, managing operational staff, and achieving financial targets. Responsible for the management of the operational aspects of Executive Education which includes training of staff on processes, oversight of curriculum production, and course iSites production and oversight. Responsible for data analysis and reporting on aspects of program management unit functions as needed.
Program management/operations responsibilities:
Represents the Harvard Kennedy School and Executive Education to faculty and program participants; is prepared and professional in public presentations and meetings; organizes reports and data for faculty chair(s) and senior director.
- Oversee technical support systems involved in curriculum and program delivery, such as digital curriculum applications and distance learning software.
- Central curriculum coordination with Course Materials Office
- Oversees the video/dvd/exercise library for the department
- Oversees development and management of the curriculum portion of the program websites
- Oversees transition of curriculum to program teams. Train program coordinators and staff assistants on curriculum system as needed.
Bachelors degree required. Interdisciplinary focus (such as public administration, public policy, business, etc.) or a minimum of 5 years directly related experience. Experience working with online course delivery platforms is required.
The Associate Director is a professional with good supervisory, organizational, and communication skills, both oral and written. Must be comfortable speaking before a group; Must be willing to work long hours, especially while programs are in session.
Essential Competencies: composure, integrity and trust, time management, delegation, planning, drive for results, written communications, managing diversity, presentation skills, building effective teams, organizational agility, directing others, motivating others, dealing with ambiguity, comfort around higher management.