Account Executive - Smart Grid Solutions/AMR/AMI (closed)
Location: SE US - TN Valley
Success in developing and commercializing Smart Grid technology earned this company the GLOBE Award for Environmental Excellence in the category of Technology Innovation and Application. Ranked one of the top fifty Technology Fast 50™ awards program.
We are seeking an experienced Account Executive based in the Southeast United States with strong relationships within the Utility industry which can be translated into business growth and strategic advantage. This role will report directly to the Vice President of Sales and will build on our significant customer growth as we further expand our presence within the Smart Grid market. This is a Home -Telecommute based position in the Southeast United States ideally located within the Tennessee Valley (TN, AL, KY, GA, MS).
This is a critical, quota-retiring direct sales position responsible as the lead point of engagement with our existing accounts and prospects within the assigned territory. directly identifying and closing prospective defined accounts, build and manage relationships, develop, lead and execute account strategy and continue cultivating existing customer accounts in the fast pace Smart Grid and Clean-Tech space. You will be responsible for selling Smart Grid products/services to primarily Public Utility Power Companies. Duties will include:
- Exceed Bookings Targets.
- Identify, qualify and close new accounts.
- Develop and lead, along with the Inside Sales and Field Operations team, the strategic account plans aimed at accelerating deployment at existing customer accounts.
- Develop a comprehensive territory plan and applicable account pursuit plans, and execute those plans to grow market presence, revenue, and customer count.
- Work with the inside sales team to generate and close qualified sales leads.
- Work with the proposal team to screen and win customer specific RFI/RFP’s for qualified opportunities.
- Develop, lead and execute account strategies for each account including but not limited to a detailed assessment of key stakeholders, decision makers, win strategy and action plan.
- Lead pursuit team and strategy sessions to leverage internal resources aimed at exceeding both the needs of the company and the account.
- Maintain relevant customer data in CRM sales pipeline, and other business tools.
- Participate as key member of the Account Team for every customer deploying our product in assigned region.
- Extensive travel throughout assigned region to call on existing accounts and prospective clients in the pursuit of new orders that will generate revenue sufficient to achieve annual target.
- Professionally represent the company in all internal as well as customer facing interactions, whether in person, over the phone, or via electronic means such as e-mail.
- Understand industry trends, channels, products, and competitors to support identification of business development opportunities.
- Attend trade shows, meter schools and other pertinent events.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
1) Minimum of ten years experience selling complex, long-sales cycle, RFP based solutions. Utility industry experience is a plus and candidates with this experience will be considered first. Experience selling within the Southeast Public Power arena a plus.
2) Minimum requirement of a bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering (or equivalent) from an accredited college
3) Successful track record developing relationships and closing new business that involved delivery of complex solutions. Experience selling to electric utility clients, ideally focused on AMR/AMI or smart grid applications.
4) Effectively interact, communicate and present at the Executive level
5) Proven and demonstrated ability to leverage a key account strategy to drive internal resource allocation, develop a comprehensive strategy to win an account and drive next steps in order to move a deal through a qualification process through to closure.
6) Proven leadership for a diverse internal team to create ‘out of the box’ solutions
7) Proven ability to manage partner and customer relationships with a track record of delivering incremental, profitable business within target accounts
8) Strong Value-Added-Selling skills with the ability to understand and design system solutions of a complex nature.
9) This position requires a dynamic leader able to travel and work with a variety of partners and customers in the field
10) candidates living within the Tennessee Valley (TN, AL, KY, GA, MS) will be considered first.
- Strong drive and zeal to win
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer relationship skills, broad business acumen and skill set from which to understand and optimize a solution
- Excellent problem solving, and negotiating skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple projects simultaneously.
Our client offers a competitive compensation package and a business culture which rewards performance. Please email qualified, tailored resume in Word.doc to firstname.lastname@example.org