Systems Security Architect (closed)
This is a Direct Hire-Full time permanent. The company has excellent starting benefits and also offers extensive relocation assistance. H1B visas accepted.
Job Title: Web Infrastructure Architect
Location: New York City
Looking for a senior web systems architect experienced in the design of complex software infrastructure and business systems. This is a position for the serious systems architect who will be responsible for designing, developing, and deploying a robust and scalable system/software solution that will integrate a variety of web and mobile products comprising the vast offerings of data and analytics on the company’s platform. This is a unique opportunity to influence one of the most ubiquitous and influential focused products in the financial marketplace.
The ideal candidate must possess extensive experience in architecting highly scalable and secure web infrastructure systems. We are seeking a technology leader who has a background with extensive hands-on development and is a leader of technology teams. This individual is expected to be a driver across technical teams, business units, and policy leaders to define and enforce a centralized and secure approach for digital content delivery across subscriber, professional, and consumer channels, as well as, delivery over web, mobile and syndication channels. Demonstration of excellent communication skills, creative problem solving, and strong passion is a must.
You must be a team player with proven success on achieving aggressive deadlines. Your responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of a comprehensive vision for company's web infrastructure architecture
- Developing a strategic plan for integrating the web offerings with the core data and analytics on the company’s Professional service
- Driving standardization efforts for development environments, tools, and deployment procedures
- Working with the best and brightest people in the financial space to bring cutting edge web innovation to company
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- A distinguished and proven track record of successfully achieving high-profile business goals
- Experience developing, architecting, deploying and operationalizing high traffic digital properties that have a foothold in web, mobile and digital syndication delivery channels
- Strong knowledge of computer technologies and effective software development methodologies
- Strong and effective communicator. Able to gain consensus in situations with different needs & objectives.
- A track record of building collaborative relationships with stakeholders across multiple technological and business functions
- Expert with two or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, C#, PHP, Ruby, Python, Haskell, Cloure, Scala
- Experience with various web servers and related modules. Includes Apache, Tomcat, Nginx, Passenger, HAProxy, Memcached, Redis, (other key-value stores), and (public/private) cloud computing platforms
- Expert networking protocol knowledge
- Exposure to financial markets is a plus